Thursday, April 08, 2010

'August Rush' and gushing emotions!


"The music is within us. All we have to do is Listen"
I think that's the beauty of music. It is there everywhere and within us too. Just stay tuned to the music that plays within you.
I just finished watching this movie 'August Rush' which blew me away and had no option but to let it out at least in this way.
The last film I saw about music was 'Music and Lyrics' and I had thought that the movie was brilliant. And August Rush, released in 2007 steals the cake without doubt. And I bow to the director for creating this wonderful work of art.
This whole write up is an outcome of the sudden emotional outburst I am having right now after watching the movie. I don't have words to describe how I am feeling right now. And I feel the way the child artist Freddie Highmore has performed is brilliant. I loved the way the beautiful Keri Russel looks in the movie and I think beauty cannot surpass the way she looks when she is performing the Cello in E Minor at the concert. Wow, what a sight. And Jonathan Rhys Meyers' performance is still ringing in my ears!
Thank you Kirsten Sheridan (the director) for creating this wonderful piece!

1 comment: