Saturday, March 17, 2007

Caribbean Reality- Almost!

It has finally happened. After a wait of over ten days and more, now am on my way to the Caribbean Islands to witness the war of the bigwigs in this Cricket Bonanza. Though it was unfortunate that the journey had to be late and had to miss the Opening ceremony, Opening match and the first match India played in the event, I find myself lucky to be a part of this mega event.
Well, that’s about the dream and the realization of that dream. But, the journey itself is very eventful. I am at the Gatwick Airport in London now. Which is the final airport I will be waiting before I land in the Caribbean Islands. Hmmm, in fact the flight from Hyderabad to Mumbai got delayed, had to wait in Hyderabad, the flight to London also got delayed, another few hours in Mumbai airport and now waiting in to go to Antigua.
Okey, but my stay at London was really eventful. It will surely be in my memory for the years to come. Yes, this is how my night here was spent. I somehow met somebody who hails from India. And, as the destiny had it, I spent the whole night talking with them. What I got is similar to a sight of a beacon when you are in the deep sea. A person who was supposed to look for a hotel room right outside the airport got somebody to share his time inside the airport itself.
Finally, the time has arrived. We will be boarding the flight in a few minutes. Lets hope India does good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment